Millie Bobby Brown said she “felt safe” working with David Harbour on the set of Stranger Things despite reports of on-set bullying from the actor.
Speaking to Deadline in an interview published on Friday, November 28, the actress, 21, shared details on their relationship on the set of the Netflix series.
“Of course I felt safe, I mean, we’ve worked together for 10 years,” she told the outlet. “ I feel safe with everyone on that set.”
Brown plays Eleven on Stranger Things, with Harbour, 50, starring as Hawkins police chief Jim Hopper, who becomes Eleven’s adoptive father.
Brown added that playing close family members and the scenes they subsequently shared together over the years contributed to their solid working relationship.
“You naturally just… you know, you’ve been doing it for so long. We also play father and daughter so naturally, we have a closer bond than the rest because we have had some really intense scenes together, especially in season 2,” she said.
She continued, “David and I have a great relationship, we work really closely together in the scenes and preparing for the scenes and I really am excited to see… for everyone to see the labor of love and hard work we’ve put into the closure of our relationship and what that looks like.”
The Daily Mail published a report on November 1, claiming the actress “filed a harassment and bullying claim before they started shooting the last season” of the Netflix hit. A source told the outlet that “there were pages and pages of accusations,” leading to an investigation that “went on for months.”
Brown’s filing reportedly did not include any accusations of sexual misconduct. While filming season 5, Brown allegedly had a representative with her on set.
Us Weekly reached out to reps for Brown, Harbour and Netflix when the complaint was first reported.
Since the report was published, the Stranger Things costars have put on a united front in the wake of the accusations.
Just days after the news surfaced, Brown and Harbour arrived together at the world premiere of Stranger Things season 5 in Los Angeles on November 6.
In a video shared via both Netflix and Stranger Things’ official Instagram accounts, the actors were seen hugging and joking around in a playful display as they interacted with Stranger Things fans on the carpet.
Several weeks later, Brown spoke about her relationship dynamic with Harbour.
“We love this show with everything, and we value our friendship more than anything,” Brown told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview published on November 26.
When asked about why she stood united with Harbour after the allegations, Brown insisted it had always been the case.
“We’ve been doing that for the last 10 years,” the actress replied. “I mean, we have always been united in that.”
Harbour has costarred alongside Brown on Stranger Things since season 1 kicked off in 2016.
As an adult working on set which included many child actors, Harbour previously shared his concerns about the young stars’ experiences with sudden fame. (Brown was only 11 when the series began filming.)
“I think the problem with young fame is that it’s very exciting, you know? It’s very exciting to have people think you’re a genius, but you don’t really want to be a genius at 11 years old,” Harbour told Esquire UK in a profile published on November 1 “Any sort of protégé … I mean, look at what happened to Mozart or whatever. It’s not a long life.”
Read the full article here












