NSW Police Force Superintendent Naomi Moore said the alleged attack was planned, and detectives are still investigating whether the victim was ambushed. There were six people present at the stabbing, who are co-operating with police, she said.
“This was not a random attack,” she said.
Investigators returned to the scene on Tuesday.Credit: Edwina Pickles
“We are still working through the circumstances of how they came to be there and how the strategy occurred.”
Moore said the welfare of the community, the family and officers involved was paramount, with a police presence at nearby schools.
“We now have three families in this community that will not have their children at home for Christmas,” she said.
NSW Police Commissioner Mal Lanyon said the teen’s death was senseless and tragic.

Mourners lay flowers where the teenager died.Credit: Kate Geraghty
“There are three families now that have been irrevocably changed,” Lanyon told 2GB on Wednesday.
“We ask young people to really think about the consequences, not just the consequences of being put before the court – that should be sufficient enough – but think about the impact of your actions on families.”
Loading
The girlfriend of the 17-year-old, who died after being stabbed in the leg at Bruce Purser Reserve at Rouse Hill on Monday afternoon, shared a tribute on social media on Tuesday.
“I love you so much, and you will forever be in my heart. You don’t deserve this and never did,” she wrote alongside a video of the pair.
“I love you … I always will. Fly high, my beautiful boy.”
The Herald has been in contact with the boy’s family.
A court heard on Tuesday the 15-year-old alleged attacker had “set upon the deceased, unprovoked, and has stabbed him in the groin area”.
Magistrate James Viney said police alleged the 15-year-old had been identified by witnesses at the crime scene.
Get alerts on breaking news as it happens. Sign up for our Breaking News Alert.
Read the full article here












