Updated ,first published
A man and woman have been charged with murder after the 66-year-old owner of a house where the accused had been staying died of stab wounds.
Emergency services rushed to the home on Lubach Street in Beenleigh about 4.45pm on Tuesday, following reports a man, later identified as Andrew Duncan Murray, had been assaulted and stabbed.
Neighbours and witnesses told reporters they heard screams and plates smashing.
Police charged a 47-year-old Karalee builder, Lindsay James Kohn, with murder. His matter was briefly heard on Wednesday in the Brisbane Magistrates Court, where he did not appear.
His case was adjourned to September 23 in Beenleigh Magistrates Court, and he was remanded in custody.
A 43-year-old Beenleigh woman, Jillian Greer Francis, was also charged with offences including murder and acts intended to maim or disfigure, after spending the night at hospital under police guard. Court documents list Francis’ occupation as a truck driver.
Her case was heard in the Brisbane Magistrates Court, where she was remanded in custody. Magistrate Aaron Simpson also adjourned her case to September 23.
Detective Inspector Ian Galpin said police would allege Murray had offered for Francis to stay in the home on a temporary basis about four months ago, with Kohn also living at the house on a part-time basis.
“Recently, the 66-year-old had asked these people to vacate his premises, and they had refused,” he said.
“Things escalated [Tuesday] afternoon, when the 66-year-old found himself to be locked out of his home.
Police alleged Murray was stabbed after forcing his way into the house.
Galpin said the older man was assaulted by both Francis and Kohn, and had been allegedly stabbed multiple times.
Local man Riley Sellars told Nine News he ran to the property after hearing commotion, and saw the man lying in a pool of blood.
Police said Francis called Triple Zero, and officers and paramedics delivered first aid to the man, but he couldn’t be saved.
When officers arrived they found a neighbour had entered the house and allegedly disarmed Francis and began giving the 66-year-old first aid.
Galpin said the charge of acts intended to maim or disfigure related to an alleged attack by Francis on the neighbour.
Start the day with a summary of the day’s most important and interesting stories, analysis and insights. Sign up for our Morning Edition newsletter.
From our partners
Read the full article here












